Phrasing productive questions is an essential part of any Akashic Records reading. As a vast storehouse of information, the Records can provide guidance and information on any conceivable topic. This includes career, relationships, finances, soul purpose, business, and health.
Given the vastness of the Records, it’s best to make your questions as specific as possible.
For example, “What’s my soul purpose?” is too general. An individual’s soul purpose can change throughout their lifetime, especially as they evolve spiritually. You might have more than one soul purpose. Or you might be in a moment of transition between one soul purpose and another.
For these reasons, it would be better to ask something like, “How does my soul want to be expressed through me right now?”
Another better question might be, “How is my career (or a specific relationship) aligned with my soul purpose right now?”
To further explore how to phrase productive questions for an Akashic Records reading, go here.
Past Lives and the Akashic Records
The Akashic Records are especially useful for past life healing.
The Records contain an imprint of every deed, thought, and action you’ve experienced across every single lifetime as a human. Every time your soul made the conscious choice to come down to Earth to experience life in a human body, a new record of that experience was created.
This means we can go into the Akashic Records to retrieve information about past lives, including:
- the origin point in a past life of current issues, patterns, and challenges
- information about who you were and what you did in past lives
- information about past life contracts and vows
- information about whether you shared a past life experience with a person currently in your life
- information about karmic relationships and their origins in past lifetimes
- information about gifts and abilities you had in past lives (for example, intuitive gifts as a healer in a past life, which you might want to reclaim in your current lifetime)
- information about past life trauma
Past Life Questions to Ask the Akashic Records
Here are 15 sample past life questions to ask the Akashic Records during your next reading.
- In which past life did this specific issue/pattern/problem originate?
- What were my circumstances (including social status, financial status, profession, etc) in that past life?
- What lesson(s) was I meant to learn in that past life?
- Did I learn those lessons? If not, why not, and how can I learn them now?
- What past life contract is still active in my energy field now?
- Did I make a past life contract about a specific issue/pattern/problem?
- Did I make a past life contract with my mother, father, sibling, spouse, friend, etc? What were the terms of that contract and why is still active now?
- What role did my current mother, father, sibling, spouse, friend, etc play in a past life? (typically, people in your life today have been with you in past lives as well)
- What past life experience or trauma still needs to be healed?
- What past life version(s) of myself have I suppressed or rejected? How can I re-integrate and heal these versions of me now?
- Is there an ancestral or family contract from a past life affecting me today? If so, what are the terms of the contract and how can I revoke it?
- Did I experience a past life as a healer? How can I reclaim my healing gifts now?
- What past life karma or issues must be cleared for me to evolve spiritually?
- Did I make a vow of poverty or financial lack in a past life? If so, why? How can I revoke that vow?
- Did I make a vow of obedience or lack of self-esteem in a past life? If so, why? How can I revoke that vow?
Ultimately, the Akashic Records are a powerful tool for self-development, healing, and spiritual evolution. Knowing how to ask the right questions can open portals into deep insights and new possibilities.
To explore how I work with the Akashic Records through an individual session, you can visit this page. To learn how to read your own and others’ Records, you can check out my Akashic Records Certification Program.