Inner work can be defined in many different ways, but it generally refers to a category of personal work that takes into account our inner landscape, emotions, thoughts, psychology, and beliefs. Inner work requires a certain level of self-awareness and must be practiced persistently to yield transformative results. In this episode (the first under the podcast’s new name!), I explore the role of inner work in personal and spiritual development. Thank you for joining me for this conversation!
- What is inner work?
- When do you need to do inner work?
- When do you NOT need to do inner work?
- How do you actually do inner work? What are some user-friendly forms of inner work?
- When do you need an inner work ally (i.e. therapist, counselor, coach, healer)?
- When does inner work become a distraction or an escape from daily life? How can you avoid this?
Join the tribe and get your free Inner Work Companion worksheet (click on the link & scroll down to “Podcast Resources”).
A good article on inner work as a selfless pursuit: Doing the Inner Work for the Work in a Suffering World by M. Chopra